In recognition of the Women’s Health Center staff’s commitment to providing our patients with the skills, information, and confidence to breastfeed your baby, The Westerly Hospital was awarded the prestigious Baby-Friendly designation by the World Health Organization and the United Nation’s Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
Our hospital has International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) and Certified Lactation Counselors (CLCs) available seven days a week. These breastfeeding specialists will:
- Guide you in self-care and breastfeeding techniques
- Address any latching difficulties and milk production concerns
- Help you with using a breast pump and nursing bra fittings
- Call you after you return home to help with breastfeeding questions
- Visit hospitalized breastfeeding mothers
- Offer you ongoing support as part of our weekly breastfeeding support group
Learn more breastfeeding and the benefits to babies and to you. Learn more about our maternity services.