Your Medical Records

Each time you visit Westerly Hospital, a record of your visit is made. This information is often referred to as your medical or health record. Patient medical records are managed by Westerly Hospital’s Medical Records Department, which is located on the first floor of the Hospital near the Main Entrance.

Privacy of your health information

Westerly Hospital respects the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information. In compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), we are happy to provide you with the Notice of Privacy Practices explaining how we may use and disclose your health information, and how you can get access to this information. Read our privacy notice here.

Your rights

You have the right to inspect and copy your health information , which may be used to make decisions about your care. Usually, this includes medical and billing records, but not psychotherapy notes, drug and alcohol abuse records, or HIV-related information.

To obtain a copy of your medical records

In order to inspect and/or obtain a copy of your health information, you must submit a written request to Westerly Hospital’s Medical Records department by completing a release form as well as providing a copy of your driver’s license or other form of photo ID.

You can obtain a copy of the form from our Medical Records office located on the first floor of the hospital off the main hospital entrance, or you can download and complete the form and send it to us by mail or by fax.  Download our Authorization to Release Protected Health Information form. 

Mailing Address:
Westerly Hospital
Attention: Medical Records
25 Wells Street
Westerly, RI 02891

Fax Number:

Requesting Radiology films To request Radiology films or a CD-ROM, please contact the Radiology Department directly at 401-348-3292. Their fax number is 401-348-3488.

For more information If you have questions about your medical records, contact Westerly Hospital’s Medical Records Department at 401-348-3262 or 1-800-933-5960, extension 3262.