Discrimination is Against the Law
Yale New Haven Health complies with applicable civil rights laws and does not discriminate against, exclude people or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Yale New Haven Health:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Patient Relations:
- Bridgeport Hospital: 203-384-3704
- Greenwich Hospital: 203-863-4746
- Northeast Medical Group: 203-843-9110
- Yale New Haven Hospital: 203-688-3430
If you believe that Yale New Haven Hospital has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with:
- Bridgeport Hospital: Patient Relations, Bridgeport Hospital, 267 Grant Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610; 203-384-3704; Fax 203-384-3999; BHpatientrelations@bpthosp.org.
- Greenwich Hospital: Patient and Guest Relations, Greenwich Hospital, 5 Perryridge Road, Greenwich, CT 06830; 203-863-4746; Fax 203-863-4546.
- Northeast Medical Group: Patient Relations, 99 Hawley Street, Stratford, CT 06614; 203-843-9110; Fax 203-502-6556; email@example.com.
- Yale New Haven Hospital: Patient Relations, 20 York Street, New Haven, CT 06510; 203-688-3430; Fax 203-688-1667; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Patient Relations can help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.