Westerly Hospital offers comprehensive outpatient and inpatient therapy and rehabilitation services in a variety of specialties and areas.
To meet your Rehabilitation needs, patients can access a wide variety of equipment and clinical expertise at our outpatient clinic, located at 81 Beach Street in Westerly. We offer convenient hours and parking.
- Orthopedic, sports and work-related injuries
- Balance and gait instability
- Neurologic diagnoses including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Back and neck injuries
- Aquatic Therapy (at the Westerly YMCA)
- Post- operative care
- LSVT Big
- Hand therapy: Arthritis, fractures, lacerations, post-surgical
- Cumulative trauma disorders
- Splint fabrication
- Neurologic disorders including stroke, Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Lymphedema management (upper extremities and lower extremities)
- Pediatrics: Developmental delay, fine motor delay, sensory integration
Speech and Language Pathology Services
Westerly Hospital’s Speech-Language Pathology Department provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to children, adolescents and adults. Conditions treated include speech and language, cognitive and swallowing impairments due to developmental delay and disorder, cerebrovascular accident (stroke), traumatic brain injury, and other medical, neurological and respiratory compromises. The department’s services are available at bedside for inpatients and in our rehabilitation center for outpatients.
Coordination of services with school systems and referrals to other specialists, when appropriate, are completed on a regular basis.
- Speech and language assessment and treatment
- Swallowing assessment and treatment
- Cognitive therapy
- Voice assessment and treatment
- Fluency assessment and treatment
- Disorders related to brain injury, stroke and/or neurologic impairment assessment and treatment
- Laryngectomy rehabilitation
- LSVT Loud
- For more information about our outpatient physical therapy, occupational, or speech therapy services, call 401-596-3593.
Learn more about our Wound Care services.
Inpatient Therapy Services
Inpatient therapy services are provided on all nursing units within the Hospital. Our goal is to help you return to home as quickly as possible and at the safest level of care. Our services include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy