At Westerly Hospital, urologists offer expertise in a range of areas to improve urologic health for men and women. These include treatments for urologic cancers, male infertility and kidney stone management.
As part of Yale New Haven Health, Westerly Hospital also offers referrals within our medical network for specialized conditions such as female pelvic reconstructive surgery, complex/recurring kidney stone issues, female organ prolapse as well as pediatric urology. Our patients also have opportunities to take part in clinical trials through Yale School of Medicine that contribute to research on treatment for the bladder, kidneys, prostate, cervix and rectum as well as other urological disorders. All of which can improve your overall urologic health and quality of life.
Consultations for urologic conditions
Our urologists have clinical expertise in several subspecialties to diagnose and treat a variety of urological problems. These include:
- Urologic oncology covering cancer of the bladder, kidneys, prostate, testis and penis.
- Kidney stone prevention and treatment, including medical and surgical management, nutrition counseling and lithotripsy, a shock wave treatment that breaks up stones into fragments.
- Prostate disorders such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), an enlargement of the prostate that often causes frequent urination and a feeling of “not emptying” completely.
- Sexual dysfunction such as low testosterone (low-T), erectile dysfunction (ED), and Peyronie’s disease, a curvature condition that may affect male sexual function.
- Stress incontinence from weakened muscles or overactive bladder in both men and women.
- Pediatric urological issues.
Our urologists specialize in laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures that result in faster recovery than traditional surgery.
As a part of Yale New Haven Health, our patients also have preferred access to services offered at the Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Center in Waterford.