The Anticoagulation Clinic at Westerly Hospital combines years of clinical experience with a focus on personalized care to help you maintain the right therapeutic level of warfarin (Coumadin®). This medication requires consistent monitoring since your blood levels can be affected by many factors.
The Anticoagulation Clinic provides the following services:
- All visits are conducted by a clinical pharmacist certified to manage anticoagulation therapy.
- Patients are provided extensive education about warfarin therapy at the initial appointment, and education is reinforced during follow up appointments.
- At each visit, INR levels are checked using a quick, point-of-care fingertip lancet. In most cases, there is no need to draw blood from the arm.
- INR Results are available in less than two minutes.
- Dosing of warfarin is highly individualized, and our pharmacists take the time to discuss adjustments in dosage required by changes in activity, diet, health or interacting medications (prescription, over-the-counter and herbal).
- Warfarin prescriptions are transmitted to your pharmacy of choice.
The clinic welcomes patients at any stage of anticoagulation therapy and for all indications. Referrals are accepted from all providers.
The Anticoagulation Clinic is open Mondays and Tuesdays 7 am to 3:30 pm; 8:30 to 5 pm Wednesdays; 7:30 to 4 pm Thursdays; and 6:30 am to 3 pm Fridays.
To speak with a clinical pharmacist regarding this service, call 401-348-3858 or 800-933-5960, extension 3858.