The Westerly Hospital Auxiliary was founded in 1926 to serve Westerly Hospital and its patients by providing material assistance beyond the scope of the Hospital’s capital budget. The Auxiliary empowers its mission through fundraising events held throughout the year, including Lights of Love in December. The Auxiliary also sponsors special events, educational lectures, a scholarship program and more.
In addition to fundraisers, the Auxiliary runs the Hospital’s Gift Shop, which is located on the first floor of the Hospital. Staffed by volunteers, the Gift Shop provides substantial financial support to the Hospital.
The Auxiliary helps our local community in other ways, too. Every year, it provides tuition scholarships to five area residents who are pursuing studies for a career in healthcare. The fifth is funded by the family of Mary C. Pucci, a longtime Auxilian, in honor of her memory and good works.
Auxilians also act as goodwill ambassadors for Westerly Hospital. By staying abreast of the business of the Hospital, the Auxiliary provides our surrounding community with an essential insider’s view, from the modern addition and renovations, to the new and expanded services offered.
If you would like to join or learn more about the Auxiliary, contact Westerly Hospital at 401-596-6000.